Monday, May 2, 2016

PSLE: A Ruined Class Party



In life, we may make many mistakes, but there was an unpleasant incident that happened to me that I would never forget, this is what happened to me a few years ago…

The classroom was in a hive of activities and everyone cheered when the teacher announced that the class party would be held this Friday.  Everyone jumped with joy and shrilled in delight, except John, the most mischievous boy in school.  He flashed a sinister smirk and sat on his chair, staring at his box filled with tricks.

The next day, which was a Friday, was the class party where bad or good memories could take place. Everyone had brought scrumptious food and origami for the party. They could not wait for the party to start. Miss Jane, our teacher, was busy laying the table with all the sumptuous dishes that my classmates had brought. I stood with my mouth agape as saliva dripped down from my mouth. When the other kids saw me, they burst into peals of laughter. Everyone was enjoying themselves. After the big feast, my classmates and I played games such as the five stones, the Nerf gun showdown, the hide-and-seek and many more.

Everyone was having a whale of a time. The mischievous John took out a fake spider toy and placed it on the table when no one was looking.  “AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!’’ a horrifying sight greeted me.  Instinctively, I let out a piercing scream when I saw the hideous-looking spider and leapt onto a nearby table. It was huge and hairy!  My response caused a wave of panic among my friends but John ended up in stitches, laughing hysterically non-stop.  He laughed so hard that his whole face turned red like a ripened tomato.

Suddenly, Miss Jane’s voice boomed, “What did you do?’’ She stood with her arms akimbo and breathed heavily as though smoke was coming out from her nostrils. Her glare was enough to turn him into a timid mouse.  John knew that he was in the wrong. As he imagined the red welts on his buttocks, shiver ran down his spine and he hung his head low.  Everyone regained their composure and heaved a sigh of relief when they realized it was only a fake Tarantula. 

After the party was over, everyone pleaded on John’s behalf.  Tears brimmed in his eyes and the teacher decided to let John off the hook.  Touched by his classmates’ kind gesture, John was determined to turn over a new leaf. He decided never to play a prank on anyone ever again.  From that day onwards, John has transformed from a mischievous rascal into a perfect angel. Well, almost perfect.

Written By: Teo Mingzhe, P4 (edited by Mrs Lee)


Image source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/Brachypelma_smithi_2009_G03.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

Henry David Thoreau