Thursday, March 20, 2014

Using Five Senses to Describe the Weather


Sunny
Warm golden rays shone through my bedroom window and washed it in bright brilliance.  The sound of birds chirping happily woke me up from my pleasant slumber.  I could almost smell delicious pancakes wafting into the bedroom.  I felt so rejuvenated after a good night’s rest.
Extremely Hot
The blazing sun was scorching hot, casting its fiery rays on the baked, cracked ground.  I was literally in a hot oven, melting like an ice-cube in the merciless heat.  Drops of perspiration drenched my T-shirt wet.  How I wished an ice-cold popsicle would appear magically right before my eyes!
Cloudy
I stood by the window and gazed at the sky.  Grey pigeons were fluttering about, cooing in symphony.  The sun was playing hide and seek with the white fluffy, woolly clouds.  Swallows swooped through in the morning air.  The wind was murmuring in the trees.  I hoped it would not rain as this was the perfect weather to go to the beach.
Windy
I stood in the middle of the field.  Gusts of wind were caressing my face and messing up my hair.  Trees were bending in the breeze and golden maple leaves were falling like snowflakes towards the ground, formed many piles on the ground.  I breathed in the cool, crisp air.  It was the right moment to fly my kite.
Rainy
 
 
 
The smell of rain was in the air.  Raindrops started falling onto my head.  Umbrellas of rainbow colours started to appear and dot the landscape.  Pitter patter.  Raindrops were now dancing on my umbrella.  The drizzle escalated into a heavy downpour. The gushing wind blew so hard that my umbrella was flipping backwards.  Oh no, I became a soaking-wet duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

Henry David Thoreau