Tuesday, March 11, 2014

People Description: Use your FIVE SENSES


A livid scar was on his face.

A livid scar was across his face.

A long, livid scar was across his right cheek.

A long, livid scar adorned his right cheek.

His beady eyes were red.

His beady eyes were bloodshot and tired.

His nose was crooked like an evil witch.

His crooked nose, like an evil witch’s, was very pointy.

He had thick bulky muscles.

His stout frame had thick bulky muscles that were covered with a carpet of hair.

SEE
The man’s straggly hair looked tousled and unwashed.  His beady eyes were bloodshot and tired.  A long, livid scar adorned his right cheek.  His crooked nose, like an evil witch’s, was very pointy.  His stout frame, with thick bulky muscles covered with a carpet of hair, was busy at work, digging a gaping hole in the ground.  He worked as fast as he could, as if afraid to be spotted by someone.
 
HEAR
I decided to go nearer.  Fortunately, the leaves rustled noisily in the howling wind and he did not hear me approaching.
 
SMELL
The stench of the rotting corpse was revolting and I almost vomited from the heavy stink.
 
FEELING
My heart was in my mouth.  What if he discovered my presence?
 
TASTE
I swallowed my bitter saliva in fear.

 
SEE

The baby has almond-shaped eyes.

The baby has almond-shaped eyes with arched eyebrows.

The baby has almond-shaped eyes with arched eyebrows and has dimples on his face.

My baby has almond-shaped eyes with arched eyebrows and has dimples on her face.

My baby has almond-shaped eyes which sparkle like diamonds.  Her arched eyebrows are always animated and lively. Her thick, shiny hair is smooth like silk.

HEARING

Her deep dimples burrow into her fat cheeks whenever she giggles.

SMELL

She is usually showered with peach-scented body shampoo which makes her smell like a daisy in the garden.

TOUCH

Her baby skin always feels like soft velvet which is as smooth as rabbit’s fur.

TASTE

She is a glutton and always devours her chicken porridge in a jiffy. 

FEEL

My baby sister is like a cherubic angel.  Whenever I cuddle her, I feel warm and affectionate towards her.  She is my treasure who brings me laughter and joy.

My baby has almond-shaped eyes which sparkle like diamonds.  Her arched eyebrows are always animated and lively. Her thick, shiny hair is smooth like silk. Her deep dimples burrow into her fat cheeks whenever she giggles with delight.  She is usually showered with peach-scented body shampoo which makes her smell like a daisy in the garden.  Her baby skin always feels like soft velvet which is as smooth as rabbit’s fur. However, she is a glutton and always devours her chicken porridge in a jiffy.  She cries loudly whenever she finishes her food.  My baby sister is like a cherubic angel.  She is so loving and whenever she cuddles me, I feel warm and affectionate towards her.  She is my treasure who brings me laughter and joy.
 

 

Describe your favourite teacher using the FIVE SENSES.  Top 3 winners get a jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

Henry David Thoreau